Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A "Chicken Noodle Soup" kind of day...

It's cold today. And gray. And rainy. Just all around sad. It's not actually that "cold" in terms of what cold is in Michigan (we're supposed to hit like 59 degrees, I think), but it's significantly colder than it's been, and that makes a big difference. Add to that the rain and gray and it just looks sad outside.

I can tell I miss the sunshine - it stays dark until like 7:45am right now in the mornings. That makes everything harder - getting out of bed, getting ready for work/school - the whole nine yards. Plus, we've had something like 14 days of sunshine in a row, so I can REALLY tell it's missing. Of course before that, we had like 3 days STRAIGHT of pouring rain, but that was 2 weeks ago, lol, and the sunshine made up for it.

It just feels like a chicken noodle soup, stay home and veg, kind of day. Funny thing is that I actually had homemade chicken noodle soup on the menu for tonight when I did it this past weekend. Last night we had homemade macaroni and cheese. That was yummy. It's wasn't really cold yesterday (mid 60's, I think), but the rain and gray were hanging around, so it was nice to combat the weather that way :)

Anyhow, I guess I'm just in "one of those moods" today. I'll feel better when the weather evens out (I don't mind chilly - I hate rollercoaster hot and cold) and the leaves start to change.

I did get some of the fall work done in my flower beds this weekend. Pulled out ALL the dead stuff. My poor mums are not doing so well (I think they were being crowded out by some of the wildflowers that grow rampant in there), but it looks like my roses just might bloom one last time before the cold sets in! That would be REALLY nice to see!! And then I bought a new mum plant (purple this time, as opposed to the yellow in the garden out front) to put on the kitchen table. It looks really nice there.

Yesterday Logan and I went to Hobby Lobby and I got some "fallish" stuff to help me switch gears. A really cute metal scarecrow that hangs on the wall, and then a REALLY yummy new candle - Orange Pumpkin scent - for my candle warmer. In fact, I'll be stopping in there again tonight after work. I need a new candle warmer for work and I want to pick up another candle in that scent so I have one at home and one at work.

Thankfully the wet and gray should clear out of here by Thursday night, and we're looking at an absolutely gorgeous weekend. Perfect temps - mid 60's - and lots of sun :)

No comments: