Monday, February 27, 2012

Gosh, I feel like it's been forever!!!

Holy cow. You know it's bad when you can't remember the last time you posted on your own blog! My life has been.... interesting... lately. I'm not going to go into all the details - I don't need my business all over cyberspace, lol, but suffice it to say that there hasn't been a dull moment. I guess I'll just do a quick post on the things that have happened over the weekend............ Saturday I went shopping. Without my kids. Just me and my mom. Rick was a peach and knew I needed a break from mommying, so he offered to keep the kids with him at work for the day. It was so nice to have a day off. Shopping was pretty much a bust - I hate when that happens! But, it was nice to spend time with my mom and get to be taken care of for a minute :) Sunday was the Cub Scout Blue and Gold. My boys earned their Webelos badges! I'm super proud of them - they worked hard. We had to perform a skit or a song at the banquet... have you ever tried to get a group of 4th grade boys to sing in public? Yeah... I'm pretty sure I did most of the singing. But, they made posters and we had props, so it all worked out. Honestly, though... I know that's a really self conscious age, so I was still proud of them! Speaking of 4th grade boys... Joshua is heading full speed into the preteen years - and he's only 9!!!!!!! I have a really sweet story I'd love to share, but I know my 9 year old well enough to know he'd be mad at me if I talked about this without his permission. I barely got his permission to tell his dad, lol, so I don't think he'd be keen on me sharing. However, it was right around Valentines Day, so I'm sure you can get the basic idea!!! My kindergartener has been quite the handful lately. He's been fighting a cough, and he's always less than pleasant when he's not feeling well. He hasn't been able to see his dad much, so he's been acting out because of that, too, so it's been lovely at my house. We've gone from one extreme to the other. Massive hissy fits all the way to him reorganizing his t-shirt drawer to make me happy.... In fact, just yesterday, he managed to get one of those googly eyes for crafts lodged in one of his ears. Not only was he unable to hear on that side, but when he shook his head, you could hear the googly eye rattling around........... that was one to remember for when he brings a girl home for dinner!!! So, that's just the excitement since the weekend! I will say, though, that I managed to hit every single light green on my way into work this morning! That's never happened before, so thank God for small favors!!

No comments: