Saturday, September 8, 2012

Feeling Crispy Outside!!

It's starting to feel like fall here along the lakeshore! Over the last couple of weeks, we've noticed the occasional brightly colored tree as we're driving along the highway, but the temps have stayed up there and summer has been hanging on.

Not today!

Last night we got SO MUCH RAIN! The boys and I stopped at the video store on our way home from daycare yesterday. By the time we were done choosing our selections, it was pouring rain outside. It never stopped. The temps fell and it rained and rained and rained. 

This morning we awoke to bright blue skies and a fabulous breeze - and you could definitely tell a cold front came through! I wore jeans all day. The boys and I went to the Farmer's Market this morning and picked out some beautiful Macs for apple crisp. We decided to hang around Montague for the morning and it was perfect. We walked down by the water, stopped by the Book Nook and Java Shop, had lunch at this tiny corner soda fountain with like 6 things on the menu and then just sat on a bench soaking up the sun until we were ready to be done. I haven't felt that relaxed in a while. It was nice to just do whatever we wanted and enjoy being together. No schedule, no plans, nothing.

The apple crisp just came out of the oven, and I'm sitting here drinking a cup of chai, debating whether or not I want to dig in tonight or wait until tomorrow. I told the boys they could have it for breakfast before church tomorrow - they're super excited about that  :) (Trust me - this is a RARE occurrence! The only reason it's allowed is because it took me too long to slice the apples and it was past bedtime before it was ready)

I'm looking forward to church in the morning, football in the afternoon and seeing family in the evening. Sounds good to me.

No comments: