Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October Busy-ness!!!

Wow. I can't believe it's October 15th already (happy birthday, Hillary - even though I'm sure you don't read this)! This month has just flown by and it's only going to get busier......

We are booked SOLID for the next 3 weekends! Talk about no downtime!!! Oh, we are having a grown-ups only Halloween party on October 24th if anyone wants to come. Leave me a comment and I'll get you the details. We used to have one every year - it was "our thing", but when Joshua got sick, we stopped, and haven't had one since. So, time to remedy that. Rick and I love to throw parties for our friends, so we're excited.

Of course, once Halloween is done, it seems like Thanksgiving is RIGHT THERE (and my favorite day of all - Black Friday, lol) and then before you know it, it's Christmas morning. Have I mentioned I haven't even stopped to think of any ideas for Christmas this year? I haven't thought about what to get the kids, my parents, my husband.... nothing. I don't even know what I want this year!!!!!

I will admit though, I absolutely LOVE this time of year. I thrive on being busy, seeing my family all the time, good times with great food - I'm all about all of that :)

The boys and I have big plans of doing our "fall craft" this afternoon. We've (mostly Joshua and I) been drawing a lot of pictures with fall trees, scarecrows, pumpkins - things like that. I bought the boys some scrapbooking stickers for fall and we're going to work on making fall scenes tonight I think. Joshua has been looking forward to it all week long.

Oh, I finally got our clothes picked out for Joshua's "Littlest Heroes Project" photo session! I'm so excited about that. I REALLY hope the weather holds so Susan can get us done on Sunday!!! I'm a lot more excited about these pictures than the ones we had done for the Church Directory last Thursday. Maybe because that photographer wasn't very friendly and Susan is so awesome. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments: