Tuesday, May 20, 2008

RFL stress...

Gah! I feel a little overwhelmed tonight. I have SOO much stuff running through my mind. We had a Team Captain meeting for the Relay for Life tonight. So I have cancer on the brain...

Here is a list of what's stressing me out, right now, at this moment:
Who is going to be on our team this year and who's over the RFL - I feel like I'm not going to have enough people this year since Josh isn't "sick" anymore, it's not such a high priority...
Who is going to actively get out there and try to raise money for us - people don't like to do that, and I understand, but it's the reason that we do this...
How am I going to do flamingo's again? I feel like it was SO MUCH last year and so overwhelming...
How can we spread the word to stupid Coopersville who doesn't care about it like they should... so what if the event is in Allendale! I always feel like Team Joshua is IT for the whole damn city...
I want to do a carwash this year... can we make that happen?
What about the Relay itself! The theme is Luau for a Cure - what can we do with this?
Am I going to get Team Joshua to it's goal with my Fun-N-Sun Corporate sponsorship... things have been TOUGH financially for everyone this year and I don't know if I can count on it this year (not that I would be mad, just bummed about this stupid economy....)
Am I going to get enough donations? I know it's early, but they feel like they're down already from last year which SUCKS! I know times are tough, and I totally get that, but it doesn't mean I have to like it...

A good thing:
Walkers at the Relay will be fine, we always have non-team members who come out for us (and I SOOOO appreciate that help!!)

Blah. Random, I know. And yes, I'm well aware that it will all work out. This is just my "thing" and I get so disappointed when it's not so important to everyone else. I have a hard time separating it and not taking it personally.

So, to all team members... I'm sorry if I suck this year. I don't want to. I REALLY try to be a good captain, but my expectations are always so high (and yes, I know that's my issue and I need to adjust it, but it's hard because this is SO important to me)... So, thank you, to those that hang with me again this year... I wish you knew how much it meant to me, but I can't begin to express it.

Now, I need you to step up, get cans out around public places, spread the word and do our best to do well again this year.

Thanks, you guys... from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: